What is the difference between lithium ion polymer battery and lithium ion battery？
1. Lithium polymer battery refers to the all-solid or gel-to-electrolyte lithium-ion battery. Generally, aluminum-plastic composite film is used as the packaging material. There are only a few real lithium polymer batteries in the world, such as regular Listening to BYD, SONY, ATL, etc. all make lithium polymer batteries, of course, there are also many domestic manufacturers that make different types of lithium polymer batteries.
2. Lithium ion batteries usually include metal lithium ion batteries (commonly known as button batteries) and lithium ion batteries (also known as lithium ion batteries). Lithium ion batteries include liquid lithium ion batteries (usually referred to as lithium Ion battery) and polymer lithium ion battery.
Lithium ion polymer battery
3. Typical characteristics of various lithium-ion batteries Metal lithium-ion batteries: Lithium element exists in the battery in the form of metal in the lithium ion battery, and lithium element exists in the battery in the form of lithium ion (usually lithium salt) in the liquid lithium ion battery. The electrolyte is a liquid polymer lithium (ion) battery: the electrolyte is in gel state or solid state because the packaging material used in polymer lithium ion batteries is basically aluminum plastic film (soft pack), and the packaging material used in liquid lithium ion batteries is metal steel shell Or aluminum shell.
4. Other differences between lithium ion polymer batteries and lithium ion batteries. For example, lithium ion batteries generally refer to aluminum shell batteries. The electrolyte is liquid, and the outer packaging material is aluminum shell. Lithium polymer batteries are safer than lithium ion batteries. Lithium polymer battery is an upgraded product of lithium ion battery. It can also be found on the lithium-ion battery forum that it has the advantages of large capacity, small size (thin), safety (no explosion) and so on. However, due to the time required for the replacement of the entire industry chain, its cost (cost) is currently relatively high, and it is only used in high-end digital products (ultra-thin notebook computers, etc.).
5. With regard to the difference between lithium-ion polymer batteries and lithium-ion batteries, there is a misunderstanding in the market. The soft-packaged lithium-ion batteries are polymer lithium-ion batteries. In fact, most domestic manufacturers’ soft-package batteries still use liquid electrolytes, Does not belong to polymer lithium ion batteries, and there are not many manufacturers that do polymer lithium ion batteries.